Parent / Teacher Communication
We encourage open communication between home and school and a mutual support of children’s learning.
Assessment and Reporting:
- Term 1 Interviews
- Term 2 Written Reports
- Term 3 Interviews by request
- Term 4 Written Report
SCHOOL NEWSLETTERS will be sent home once a fortnight. From time to time special editions will also be printed. Newsletters go home with the youngest child in the family. Check with your child regularly for notices.
PARENTS are encouraged to assist and be actively involved in the school and classrooms in many ways;
- Classroom activities include – reading, preparation of materials, covering of books, excursions and special interests e.g.
- Cooking, sewing, woodwork, gardening.
- Helping in the Canteen – on a regular basis or when you can – see the canteen manager for more details.
- Joining Parents and Friends or Governing Council
- Becoming a LAP (Learning Assistance Program) volunteer and supporting children in their learning.
- Becoming a Sports Coach – school teams need coaches in football, cricket and netball to ensure that they can continue
- Lunch Clubs or activities – working with small groups of children on something in your area of interest.
In 2017, these are conducted each Monday morning at 9am in the hall. Parents will be notified via Newsletters and/or invitation of additional assemblies.
Night assemblies are held once a year; one for Junior Primary, one for Years 3-7.